MEET CADA’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Mother; farmer’s granddaughter; teacher; novelist; website copy writer; Vespa enthusiast.
Treasurer, Advocacy Lead
Mother; farmer’s granddaughter; immigrant; Retired CPA; Risk and Compliance Specialist; nature lover.
Director, Ontario Lead
Mother; teacher; farmhand; living seasonally and sustainably; passionate supporter of local regenerative farmers.
Director, Alberta Lead
Unschooling mother; homeschool facilitator; author; cheesemaker; owner of DemystifyingEducation
Director, Volunteers Lead
Card and board game enthusiast; history buff; avid reader; personal health devotee; philomath.
Secretary to the Board
Farmer’s daughter; author; WAPF member; holistic nutritionist; former homeopath; sourdough bread maker.
MEET SOME OF CADA’S VOLUNTEERS
Dairy goat farmer; descendant of farmers; public health employee; non-profit experience; Secretary, BC Goat Assoc.; Treasurer, Vancouver Island Goat Assoc.
eCommerce specialist; dog parent; traveller; improviser; local food and Made-in-Canada supporter.
Great grandson of Manitoba homesteaders; son of dairy farmers; raw dairy activist; proud grandfather of two grandsons.
Dairy Farmer, McAfee Farms &
Production of raw milk and raw milk products; the largest raw milk farm in USA — 950 cows, 42,000 gallons of raw milk weekly, 3000 pounds of raw butter weekly; sold in 1300+ stores across USA
- Founder & Chairman, Raw Milk Institute, a non-profit dedicated to increasing raw milk safety through standards and training and closely associated with International Milk Genomics Consortium at UC Davis, California, facilitating the most advanced science and knowledge of milk genomics in today’s world.
- Educator and Mentor, guiding raw milk farmers in the development of individualized Risk Analysis Management Plans (RAMP) for their farms
- Retired EMS paramedic & Acute Care Medical Educator
- Worldwide lecturer, Safety and Health Benefits of intentionally-produced Raw Milk
- Mission Pilot for Flying Doctors, remote Mexico
- Volunteer Mission Pilot, Sheriff’s Search & Rescue Air Squadron, California
Margaret (Peg) Coleman
Medical Microbiologist / Risk Analyst
Microbial ecology, predictive microbiology, public health; peer review and education; microbial benefit and risk analysis
MS, Medical Microbiology (1995), University of Georgia
MS, Biology/Biochemistry (1988), Utah State University
BS, Biology/Chemistry (1979), SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry and Syracuse University, cum laude)
Boards & Professional Affiliations:
- SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry Alumni Board
- Society for Risk Analysis (SRA) (1996 – present)
- Elected member SRA Council (2022-24)
Selected Publications and Reports:
- 2022. North, D.W., Coleman, M.E., Hull, R. Need for international workshops to deliberate evidence of benefits and risks of raw milks. Invited opinion article for Corpus Journal Veterinary Dairy Science 3(1)1031
- 2022. Dietert, R.R., Coleman, M.E., North, D.W., Stephenson, M.M. Nourishing the human holibiont toreduce the risk of non communicable diseases: A cow’s milk evidence map example. Invited manuscript in Special issue (Human Mcrobiota Influence on Human Health Status) for Applied Microbiology 2(1):25-52